At eshots (“eshots,” “us,” “our,” or
“we”), understand your privacy is important and we are committed to giving you
Policy") explains how eshots collects and uses personal information about
you. We collect personal information
through several methods including: via
www.eshots.com or any web site or mobile app owned and/or operated by eshots, eshots'
epass platform, or eshots’ API services (a "Site"); for an event
sponsored by one of our business customers (an "Event"); or received from
use of the Site and your opt-in indicates to eshots that you have read, consent
updated from time to time.
eshots collects and obtains your information in a few ways: there is information that you choose to give to us, information we obtain through your
use of our Site and other services, and information we obtain from third
parties on behalf of our business customers.
We may ask you to provide us with personal information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number) at a Site or at other times, such as if you send us a support or other request e-mail. eshots may also ask you to provide us with demographic information or information regarding your interests, hobbies, gender, age, marital status, level of education, salary or similar information. If you choose to register and provide us with personal information, your personal information may be associated with your event participation. We also collect information that you voluntarily provide through your use of the Site or other services – for instance, if you provide us with any photographs or feedback.
In addition to the above, when you visit or download information from a Site, our web servers may automatically collect website usage information. Website usage information is non-personal information – that is, information that does not by itself identify a specific person – that describes how our visitors use and navigate a Site. It can include the number and frequency of visitors to each web page and the length of their stays, browser type, referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting the Site, and IP address (see below for more information on IP addresses). We may determine the applicable technology available in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page, e-mail or similar service.
We may collect information about your use of our Site and other online services over time. Finally, eshots may collect information from various third parties about you, such as any third-party service providers who we use to provide certain services to you.
Cookies are pieces of information
that a web site either transfers to your computer's hard drive or stores
temporarily in your computer's memory for record-keeping purposes. We may use
cookies for a number of purposes, such as tracking usage patterns on a Site,
facilitating the transmission of a communication, customizing your experience
on a Site, facilitating your ability to navigate a Site, or as part of a
verification or screening process. Most browsers are initially set up to accept
cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a
cookie is being sent by indicating this in the preferences or options menu in
your browser. However, it is possible that some parts of a Site will not
operate correctly if you disable cookies and you may not be able to take
advantage of or participate in certain features of a Site. You should consult
with your browser's provider/manufacturer if you have any questions regarding
A Site's pages or e-mail messages may contain a small graphic image called a web beacon (also known as a web bug or clear gif) that allows the party that set the web beacon to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of the web page, web-based document or e-mail message, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons can be very small and invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or e-mail, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon. eshots does not have control over web beacons used by third parties and does not have access to what information, if any, they may collect.
We do not respond to “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms.
An IP address is a number that's automatically assigned to your computer or network when you are on the internet. When you request pages from a Site, eshots' servers log your IP address. eshots may use IP addresses for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business customers or to audit the use of a Site. eshots may associate your IP address with other personal information you provide – in such cases, this information would be regarded as personal data. eshots may also use IP addresses in cooperation with internet service providers or to respond to appropriate and enforceable law enforcement requests, or if necessary to comply with relevant laws or legal obligations, or to protect a Site or its users.
We may collect your precise,
real-time location using GPS, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi signals, and/or other
location-based technologies for purposes such as verifying your location and
delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
We may also use beacon technology, including Apple's iBeacon. Beacons are electronic devices that broadcast signals that can be received by mobile devices on which one of our or our business customers' apps is installed. If you have voluntarily installed one of our or our business customers' apps on your device, and if you have granted permission for the app to track your location, then beacons installed at an Event may send a signal to the app on your device about the precise, real-time location of the device. The app may use this information to deliver updates and promotions to you, at a time and place when the information is most relevant. For example, if you are at an auto show Event, your mobile device may receive a signal from a beacon that causes the app to notify you about a specific automobile manufacturer's upcoming vehicle presentation. As a convenience to you, receipt of the beacon signals and delivery of the update or promotion may occur even if you are not currently using the app. To make our services operate better, we may also collect other information based on beacon signals, for example, the strength of the signal between the beacon and your device, the duration your device is near the beacon, or the battery level of the beacon itself.
eshots takes your privacy very seriously
and your personal information is only used by eshots, its service providers,
and the business customer whose Site or Event you visit. eshots may use your personal
information only under the following circumstances:
· for purposes disclosed to you when you share your information on a Site or at an Event;
· to manage a Site or Event, including delivering updates and promotions regarding us and our business customers via beacon technology installed at an Event;
· to contact you in connection with a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion in the context of the Event or Site which you visited;
· to contact you regarding any problems or questions we have relating to your use of a Site and;
You agree to provide eshots only with your own personal information, or the personal information of others you are authorized to provide. eshots will only send communications to those who have requested information or otherwise agreed to or indicated a desire to hear from us.
Please note that information submitted to a Site via a "contact us," "help" or other similar e-mail address or form will not necessarily receive a response. We will use the information provided to these e-mail addresses or forms only to respond, if at all, to any question or comment submitted. We will not use the information provided to these e-mail addresses or forms for marketing purposes unrelated to your request.
Personal information collected by
eshots when you visit a Site will only be shared with the business customer
whose Site you visit and to which you disclose information. Your personal
information is only used as disclosed on a Site or registration form and is not
shared or sold to other parties, except for the limited circumstances stated
· When you affirmatively agree to the disclosure. For example, if you agree to take a survey with a business customer or request to receive additional information from a business customer through a Site or at an Event, we may share your information, including your personal information, with that business customer;
· If you scan or use your Event pass at a business customer's booth at an Event (such as at an on-site kiosk), we may share the information associated with your Event pass, including personal information, with that business customer;
· If you opt-in to location-based services through your device settings, we may share information collected through location-based services, including through beacon technology, with our business customers;
· To fulfill orders for products or services that you place with eshots or a Site;
· To fulfill legal requirements for a sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including, without limitation, disclosure on a winners list and in connection with prize fulfillment. By entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor of the promotion to use your name, voice or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion or otherwise;
· In response to a lawful and enforceable request from local, state or federal law enforcement officials or other governmental authorities conducting an investigation; by any lawful judicial, administrative, or similar proceeding or order (such as a subpoena); or otherwise where eshots has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect the legal rights of a Site, our users, or others;
· To verify or enforce your compliance with eshots' policies;
· In the event eshots merges with or acquires another business entity, or its assets related to the products or services that you receive from eshots are acquired by another business entity, or its business is consolidated, or it goes through a fundamental corporate change; and
· When eshots employs third parties to perform functions on its behalf. These include, without limitation, third party hosting companies, communication services (including e-mail and mail), data analysts, promotion agencies, classified fulfillment and processing companies, credit card transaction processors, companies that provide user and marketing assistance, companies that create, host, fulfill or run contests/sweepstakes/games and other customer service companies.
eshots may also disclose non-personally identifying information, such as aggregated user statistics, to third parties for several reasons, including, without limitation, describing eshots and a Site to third parties, or improving the performance of a Site or other services.
eshots may retain your information for two (2) years, unless we receive a request from you to delete your information sooner.
In connection with the processing of your personal data, you may also request that we change how we use the personal data you have provided. This includes the right to withdraw consent or permission for us to keep your personal data, and right to change how we use or share the information we have collected about you. To make changes to how we use your information, please contact us. See the Contact Us section below..
eshots stores the information we collect from you on limited access servers, and eshots takes steps to maintain the security of eshots' servers and to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. However, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. eshots cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to eshots and you do so at your own risk.
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to eshots will be transferred to the United States. Additionally, eshots may transfer your information to partners in third countries. By using this Site, participating in any of eshots' services or providing eshots with your information, you consent to such transfers.
The Site is not a web site directed to children under the age of 13, and eshots does not knowingly collect personal information on a Site from children under 13 years of age. If eshots discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided eshots with personal information through a Site, eshots will delete that child's personal information from its system.
By using this Site and opting in, you
acknowledge that you have read, accept, and consent to our privacy practices,
California Civil Code section 1798.83 allows customers who are California residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the email or postal address listed above. Please allow up to 30 days for a response to such requests.
Individuals who reside in the EU may
have additional rights, including:
· The right to access and receive a copy of your personal data. This may include the right to obtain a confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by eshots, a copy of the data, if requested, and additional information about the processing of your data.
· You also have the right to request that corrections to your personal data be made by eshots for any information you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete.
· If you have provided eshots with personal data in electronic form, and have consented to eshots’ use of your personal data, you may ask that your personal data be directly transferred to another entity or organization for purposes of processing as requested.